BMC PATROL for Light Weight Protocols 2.1
To stay informed of changes to this list, click the this page.icon at the top of
|December 19, 2018||Technical bulletins||Added Microsoft Windows Server 2019 support|
|December 17, 2018||Technical bulletins||Added Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6 and CentOS 7.6 support|
|October 25, 2018||Technical bulletins||Added Ubuntu 18.04 support|
|October 11, 2018||Technical bulletins||Added Oracle Enterprise Linux 7.5 UEK support|
|July 31, 2018||Technical bulletins||Added Debian 8.11 and 9.5 support|
|July 25, 2018||Technical bulletins||Added Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.10 support|
|May 14, 2018||Technical bulletins||Added Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.5 support|
|September 29, 2017||Technical bulletins||Added platform support|
|June 23, 2017||2.1.00 features|
BMC PATROL for Light Weight Protocols has the following new features:
You can create a custom PDF of this release notes and notices branch.
Creating PDF and Word exports
You can create a PDF of a page or a set of pages. (Non-English page exports are not supported.) You can also create a Word document of the current page.
To export to PDF or Word
- From the Tools menu in the upper-right, select a format:
- Export to Word to export the current page to Word format
- Export to PDF to export the current page or a set of pages to PDF
- If exporting to PDF, select what you want to export:
- Only this page to export the current page
- This page and its children to export a set of pages
Where to go from here
Information about monitoring elements of the KM.
Planning and system requirements.
Information about installing the product and migrating the product data.
Upgrade and migration process.
Required post-installation configuration tasks.
Interface descriptions, using the product.
Issue resolution, error messages, logs, and contacting Support.
The following list of documents provide information about all the related products:
- Building a PATROL Knowledge Module Developers Guide
- Distribution Server Getting Started
- PATROL Configuration Manager User Guide
- PATROL Central Operator – Microsoft Windows Edition Getting Started
- PATROL Console Server and RTserver Getting Started
- PATROL Central Operator – Web Edition Getting Started
- PATROL Console for Microsoft Windows User Guide - Understanding the Basics of PATROL, Volume 1
- PATROL Console for Microsoft Windows User Guide - Monitoring and Managing with PATROL, Volume 2
- PATROL Console for Microsoft Windows User Guide - Customizing PATROL, Volume 3
- BMC PATROL Console for UNIX User Guide
- PATROL Security User Guide
- BMC ProactiveNet 9.6.00
- PATROL Agent online documentation 10.0.00
- Installation Utility online documentation 10.5.00
- BMC PATROL for Event Management 2.9.00
- BMC PATROL for Log Management 2.7.00
- BMC PATROL for UNIX and Linux 9.13.00
- BMC PATROL for Microsoft Windows Servers 4.9.00
Frequently asked questions
Is online Help be available for KMs?
Online Help will not be available from the following Consoles:
- PATROL Central Operator – Microsoft Windows Edition
- PATROL Central Operator – Web Edition
- PATROL Console for Microsoft Windows
- PATROL Console for UNIX.
However, online Help will continue to be available from the TrueSight Operations Management Console and BMC Central Monitoring Administration.
How can I access the online Help?
You can access the online Help from the TrueSight Operations Management console and the BMC Central Monitoring Administration. For complete product documentation, refer to the KM documentation on docs.bmc.com.
What kind of offline documentation can I get?
KM documentation is available in PDF format.
How do I access the documentation PDF?
You can access the offline documentation from the following locations:
- Product documentation is available in PDF format along with the installation files on the EPD site.
- PDFs are also available on the PDFs and videos page of the respective KM documentation on docs.bmc.com
Ready-made PDFs are created for new releases and service packs at the time of their release. Although these PDFs contain all topics, the content of some topics is better suited for online viewing.