Frequently Asked Questions about online help
This section addresses common questions about accessing the online help for Knowledge Modules.
Will online help be available for KMs?
Online help will not be available from the following Consoles:
- PATROL Central Operator – Microsoft Windows Edition
- PATROL Central Operator – Web Edition
- PATROL Console for Microsoft Windows
- PATROL Console for UNIX.
However, online Help will continue to be available from the TrueSight Operations Management Console and BMC Central Monitoring Administration.
How can I access the online help?
You can access the online help from the TrueSight Operations Management console and the BMC Central Monitoring Administration. For complete product documentation, refer to the KM documentation on docs.bmc.com.
What kind of offline documentation can I get?
KM documentation is available in PDF format.
How do I access the documentation PDF?
You can access the offline documentation from the following locations:
- Product documentation is available in PDF format along with the installation files on the EPD site.
- PDFs are also available on the PDFs and videos page of the respective KM documentation on docs.bmc.com
Ready-made PDFs are created for new releases and service packs at the time of their release. Although these PDFs contain all topics, the content of some topics is better suited for online viewing.