Managing logs with REST APIs
As an administrator, use REST APIs to perform the following tasks:
API Base URL
The API base URL consists of:
<Scheme>://<Your BMC Helix Portal URL>/<BasePath>/<EndpointPath>
The following example displays the URL components:
- Method: Required HTTPS method (also known as operation or verb) which tells the web service about the type of operation you are requesting. The supported endpoints use GET, POST, PUT, and DELETE methods.
- Scheme: Protocol used by the API to transmit a request. HTTPS is the supported protocol for all the endpoints.
- Your BMC Helix Portal URL: Product URL that you received in the activation email.
- Base path: URL prefix used by all the API paths. Starts with a leading slash (/). The base path helps the web service identify the correct resource for running the API. This path also includes the API version.
- Endpoint path: Path specific to the particular endpoint you want to run. Based on the type of endpoint, this path might include query parameters that can help identify the resource selection criteria.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you
Log in or register to comment.