Generating events from logs
Create an alert in BMC Helix Log Analytics to generate an event in BMC Helix Operations Management to notify you about a critical or important log message.
The following video (3:43) illustrates the steps to create an alert and close the event generated in BMC Helix Operations Management.
- You can create a maximum of 100 alerts.
- To add information from the logs to the event message, see Opendistro alerting documentation .
Viewing log events in BMC Helix Dashboards
In a dashboard for Log Events in BMC Helix Dashboards, you can view the events generated in BMC Helix Operations Management. A cross-launch to BMC Helix Log Analytics is provided from the event (in the Search Parameter field). However, the cross-launch link is disabled by default.
To view log events in BMC Helix Dashboards
- Add a dashboard panel of type Table (old) and add the
_modified_timefields to it.
For more information, see Configuring dashboards, panels, and queries . To access the event, use the cross-launch link in the Search Parameter field. However, to use the link, first you need to enable it.
- To enable the cross-launch link to BMC Helix Log Analytics:
- Go to Dashboards > Manage.
- Edit the panel that you have created for the Log Events class.
- In Panel > Column Styles > Name pattern, enter alert_launch_params.
- (Optional) In Column Header, enter a meaningful name for the column.
For example, Launch Log Analytics.
- Enable Render value as link.
- From the Type list, select String.
- Enable Sanitize HTML.
- Save the panel.
The Review Logs link is enabled in the Launch Log Analytics column.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you
Log in or register to comment.