BMC Helix Portal is a SaaS solution with built-in common services on a microservices-based architecture and a set of integrated BMC Helix products from a single, unified view for an improved end-user experience.
This out-of-the-box integration allows you to:
- Navigate between applications without the need for separate authentication or integration.
- Use common services such as user management, tenant management, and single sign-on for the BMC products that are integrated on BMC Helix Portal.
BMC Helix Portal does not have a separate license. When you access BMC Helix Portal, you see the products for which you have a license. However, as a trial user, you can try and buy all the supported products.
BMC Helix Portal supports the following integrated products:
These products can be categorized into:
- Licensed products that need to be purchased.
All integrated products are licensed unless they are add-on or bundled products.
- Add-on products that are available with one of the licensed products.
Add-on products can be further categorized into:
- Non-licensed:BMC Helix Log Analytics is a non-licensed add-on product available with BMC Helix Operations Management.
- Licensed:BMC Helix AIOps is a licensed add-on product available with BMC Helix Operations Management.
- Bundled products that can be used across various supported products.
Both BMC Helix Dashboards and BMC Helix Intelligent Integrations are bundled products.
In addition, you can cross-launch the following products from the BMC Helix Portal console.
- Remedy with Smart IT (available with BMC Helix ITSM)
- BMC Helix Digital Workplace
- BMC Digital Workplace Catalog
- BMC Helix Innovation Suite
Request cross-launch support from the BMC SaaS Operations team at BMC Support. You can request for cross-launch only if you are a licensed user of one or more of the preceding list of products.
You can use the following built-in common services to set up role-based access control (RBAC) across the various integrated products. All the integrated products, irrespective of whether they are add-ons or bundled, can set up RBAC by using BMC Helix Portal. However, some products manage RBAC on their own.
- User Management
- Group Management
- Roles and Permissions
For more information, see Setting up role-based access control.
The common services can be used to set up local user access. However, you can also set up external user access for a supported identity provider (IdP) and cross-product user access. For more information, see User identities.