BMC Helix Portal is a SaaS solution with built-in common services on a microservices-based architecture and a set of integrated BMC Helix products from a single, unified view for an improved end-user experience.
This out-of-the-box integration allows you to:
- Navigate between applications without the need for separate authentication or integration.
- Use common services such as user management, tenant management, and single sign-on for the BMC products that are integrated on BMC Helix Portal.
BMC Helix Portal does not have a separate license. When you access BMC Helix Portal, you see the products for which you have a license. However, as a trial user, you can try and buy all the supported products.
BMC Helix Portal supports the following integrated products:
These products can be categorized into:
- Licensed products that need to be purchased.
All integrated products are licensed unless they are add-on or bundled products.
- Add-on products that are available with one of the licensed products.
Add-on products can be further categorized into:
- Non-licensed:BMC Helix Log Analytics is a non-licensed add-on product available with BMC Helix Operations Management.
- Licensed:BMC Helix AIOps is a licensed add-on product available with BMC Helix Operations Management.
- Bundled products that can be used across various supported products.
Both BMC Helix Dashboards and BMC Helix Intelligent Integrations are bundled products.
In addition, you can cross-launch the following products from the BMC Helix Portal console.
- Remedy with Smart IT (available with BMC Helix ITSM)
- BMC Helix Digital Workplace
- BMC Helix Digital Workplace Catalog
- BMC Helix Innovation Suite
Request cross-launch support from the BMC SaaS Operations team at BMC Support. You can request for cross-launch only if you are a licensed user of one or more of the preceding list of products.
You can use the following built-in common services to set up role-based access control (RBAC) across the various integrated products. All the integrated products, irrespective of whether they are add-ons or bundled, can set up RBAC by using BMC Helix Portal. However, some products manage RBAC on their own.
- User management
- Group management
- Roles and permissions
You can access these common services to set up users, user groups, and roles and permissions from the User access menu at the top of the page. For more information, see Setting up role-based access control.
The common services can be used to set up local user access. However, you can also set up external user access for a supported identity provider (IdP) and cross-product user access. For more information, see User identities.