Visualizing data as records in panels
As a tenant administrator, editor, or viewer, you can use the BMC Record Details visualization to customize dashboard panels according to your business needs. Use this visualization to organize data into multiple sections and fields. You can access data from multiple sources in one dashboard, such as:
- BMC Helix AIOps
- BMC Helix Operations Management
- BMC Helix Log Analytics
- BMC Helix Cloud Security
- BMC Helix Automation Console
Example: View incidents details in a custom panel
Let's say, as a tenant administrator, you want to view incident details in three different sections: customer information, status, and location. Using the BMC Record Details visualization, you create a dashboard as shown in the following image:
To create a dashboard with the data as shown in the above example, perform the following steps:
- Log in to BMC Helix Dashboards.
- Hover your mouse over Create and click Dashboard.
- Click Add new panel.
- In the Query section, select BMC Helix and add your queries; see Configuring dashboards, panels, and queries.
- In the Panel tab, expand Visualization and select BMC Record Details.
Expand Display to configure the following elements:
Specify a title: Specify the section title in this field. If you want to add multiple sections, click.
- Select fields: Select one or more associated fields based on your business needs.
- Add column styles for non Text type value: Using this option, you can select specific columns and define their styles. In the Select Column Style menu, you can choose between Text, JSON, and HTML formats.
- Repeat section: Select this option to display data from multiple responses. By default, the BMC Record Details plugin displays information for the first response only.
- Choose section styling: With this option, you can customize your section's appearance. By default, the default styling option is selected. If you choose to select custom, you can customize the background color and the label color.
- Save the panel.