Visualizing data as charts in panels
As an editor or administrator, you can create bar charts by using the BMC Bar Chart visualization.
- Log in to BMC Helix Dashboards.
- Hover your mouse over the Create icon and click Dashboard.
- Click Add new panel.
- In the Query section, select BMC Helix and add your queries. For instructions, see Configuring dashboards, panels, and queries.
- In the Panel tab, expand Visualization and select BMC Bar Chart.
- Expand Display to configure the following:
- Orientation—Select horizontal or vertical orientation for your bar chart.
- Mode—Select a separated or stacked bar chart for multiple value bars. In a stacked bar chart, each series is stacked on top of another.
- Tooltip—Select to display a tooltip for the entire series or the series that you are currently hovering over.
- Show Legends—Click to show or hide legends.
- Legend Position and Legend Alignment—Select a legend position and alignment. These options are available only if you choose to show legends.
- Show Data Labels—Click to show or hide labels.
- Data labels Alignment—Select an alignment. These options are available only if you choose to show labels.
- Category, Category Label, Category Type, Value, Value Label, Value Unit, Bar Data—Configure the values as you want to see them in the bar chart.
- Decimals—By default, this is set to 0 (Zero) to indicate that there are no decimal points in the X or Y-Axis of the chart. Configure the values as you want to see them in the bar chart.
- Color Scheme—Select color schemes for the fields. You have an option to choose a color from the set of colors or custom colors.
- Save the panel.