Sharing and importing dashboards
As a tenant administrator, an editor, or a viewer, you can share a dashboard or a panel as a link or a snapshot with other users. You can also export or download dashboards or panels and import community or custom dashboards in the system.
Community dashboards are open-source dashboards that you can import for your use. You can import them from . For more information, click .
Custom dashboards are the dashboards that you create or edit.
To learn about dashboard concepts, see Setting up dashboards.
To share a dashboard or a panel
- Open a dashboard and click the Share icon
If you are sharing only a panel, click the title header of a panel and click the Share icon. .
- On the Share page, select one of the tabs depending on how you want to share the dashboard or panel.
- Link — Copy and share the link that you can see in this tab. You can choose to share the dashboard or panel with its current time range and . You can also select a theme.
- Snapshot — Share a dashboard or panel instantly with users inside or outside your organization. When you share a snapshot, sensitive data is removed and only the metrics data is displayed. While sharing, you can add a name for the snapshot and add an expiry time. The snapshot will not be available after the expiry time. You can also choose to configure a timeout for the dashboard or panel to collect data before taking a snapshot. For more information, click .
- Export — Save or view the dashboard or panel as a JSON object.
Download — Save or view a dashboard or panel as a PDF, XLS or CSV file. You can select the page layout for the PDF. You can also configure the formats to download a dashboard. For more information, see To configure variable for supported report formats.
To import a dashboard
- On the left navigation pane, do one of the following.
- Hover your mouse over the Create icon and click Import.
- Hover your mouse over the Dashboards icon and click Manage.
- On the Import page, do one of the following:
- Click Upload .json file and browse to the dashboard JSON file.
- In the Import via panel section, paste the dashboard JSON text.
- Click Load.
- Add a name and select a folder for the dashboard.
- Click Import.