Creating Drill Through reports
With Drill Through reports, you can click a hyperlink to another report and get a deeper insight into your data. You can create Drill Through reports by creating parent-child relationships between the reports that you want to link.
You can link reports by using filters in the child reports.
To create Drill Through reports
Do the following:
- While creating a report, set the filter value to User Prompt. Do the following to set the filter value:
Log in to TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse. The TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform Home page appears.Click here for the steps to log in to the TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse console.
Use the following URL to open the TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse login page:
https://<TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse hostname>:<portNumber>/tssa-dw
In the User Name and Password fields, enter the user credentials. By default, the password is hidden. To view the password, click .
- In Site, select a site. The Primary Site is the default site.
- In Authentication Method, select a authentication method. SRP is the default authentication method.
- Click LOG IN.
- In the Roles window, select the role you want to use and click OK. Through role-based access control (RBAC), you can be granted multiple roles, but you can use only one role at a time.
- Click and click Report.
- Select one of your views.
In the view pane, drag and drop a field to the Columns field.
Drag and drop a field to the Filters area. Ensure that you have dropped this field in the Columns field also.
- Click the icon in the field that you dropped in the Filters area.
- Hover over Value, and then select User Prompt.
- Click Publish.
- Create parent-child relationships between the reports that you want to link. Do the following to create parent-child relationships:
- Ensure the following:
- The reports that you want to link exists. See Creating reports for instructions on creating a report.
- You have set the filter values of the reports to User Prompt.
- Open the report that you want to use as the parent.
- Click Edit, and then click Data.
- On the message, click Ok.
- In the Analysis style area, click Drill Through. The Related Content tab appears.
- Click the Related Content tab.
- In the Drill Through area, drag and drop the report that you want to use as the child report.
- In the Join Type area, click Drill Through.
- In the Joins area, in Master Field, select the filter that will be a hyperlink to open the child report.
Under Child Filter, you can see the filter that you created in the child report.
- In Hyperlink field, select the field in the parent report that will be a hyperlink to open the child report.
- If you want to open the child report in a new window, click the Popup New Window option, and click Update.
- Publish the report. In the published report, you can see the hyperlink on the field that you selected.
- Click the hyperlink. You can see the child report that you joined with the parent report.
- Ensure the following: