This topic contains an overview of the features in version 19.01 of TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation.
TrueSight Smart Reporting as the reporting tool
TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation contains the following components:
- TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse - A TrueSight Server Automation component that works as the ETL engine and the data warehouse.
TrueSight Smart Reporting - A reporting platform to display reports from the data that is generated by TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse.
TrueSight Smart Reporting is used as the reporting tool so that you can administer, create, and publish reports seamlessly. You can use simple drag-and-drop actions to create complex reports. It offers an enhanced, user-friendly look to your reports.
Supported versions of TrueSight Server Automation
This version of TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation is supported with TrueSight Server Automation 8.9.x.
As an TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse Administrator, you can add TrueSight Server Automation 8.9.x as a site and run the extract, transform, load (ETL) process.
You can perform the following tasks in TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation:
- Create custom simple and complex reports. You can compare and analyze reports by using filters, summaries, and calculations. In addition, you can change the appearance of the reports.
- Create Drill Through reports. With Drill Through reports, you can click a hyperlink to another report and get a deeper insight into your data. You can create Drill Through reports by creating parent-child relationships between the reports that you want to link.
- Export reports in different formats (CSV, DOC, PDF, RTF, Text, XLS, and Print).
- Share reports with others on an ad-hoc basis. You can send a report through email or embed a report into an HTML, Wiki, or Blog page.
- Broadcast reports. You can send a report to one or more users, based on a defined schedule and set of rules.
- Schedule reports through FTP. You can select the format for the report and schedule it to be sent to a FTP location.
- Import and export your report models and views. You can migrate your content between multiple instances, such as from QA to production. You can do this by exporting your content into an external file (such as a yfx or xml file) and then importing that file into the destination system.
For more information about how to perform the tasks, see Using.
The following image displays a sample report.
TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation has these user roles:
- TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse Administrator (DWAdmin) - They can perform administration activities such as managing databases, running ETL, archiving and restoring data, and reporting activities such as importing and exporting report artefacts, managing schedules.
- User - Refers to users imported from TrueSight Server Automation to TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse through ETL. They can perform the following activities depending on their RBAC permissions in TrueSight Server Automation:
- Create, view, edit, and delete their own reports and dashboards
- Export reports to CSV, PDF, XLS, Text, and DOCX format
- Email reports
- Publish reports for themselves and for individual users
- Create, view, edit, and delete schedules for reports
- TrueSight Smart Reporting Administrator - They can perform administration activities in TrueSight Smart Reporting such as modifying and deleting components, managing schedules, and getting the latest reporting views and models from TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse.
For more information about user permissions, see User permissions.
Easy-to-follow installation instructions
The TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation installation documentation is designed for ease of use. The highlights are:
- A sequenced path to perform the installation.
- Easy navigational assistance with the “Where you are” map and link to the next step in the installation process.
- Every installation procedure is designed as an end-to-end topic for better readability and to avoid page switching.
For more information, see Installing.