Setting up Local User Management authentication in Remedy SSO
You can configure the Remedy SSO server to authenticate the Presentation Server users as local users. Remedy SSO provides you the facility to authenticate local users. A local user represents an individual user who accesses the protected application. The local users are assigned to groups (roles). Groups (roles) represents the groups or roles in your organization and is used to control user access.
Perform the following tasks in Remedy SSO for enabling the user authentication:
- Add local users to the appropriate realm.
- Create the groups (roles) needed by your organization.
- Assign users to the appropriate groups (roles).
- Configure Remedy SSO to use local user management authentication.
The following topics help you to perform the above tasks in Remedy SSO and create an authorization profile in the TrueSight console:
Before you begin
- You must have installed and configured the Remedy SSO to work with the Presentation Server and its component products. For details, see and
- You must migrate the internal user data from Atrium SSO to Remedy SSO. For details, see
- You must have set the Remedy SSO general settings. For details, see
- You must have configured tenants to be used with the Presentation Server. For details, see Configuring tenants for the Presentation Server in Remedy SSO.
Configuring Local Users and Groups in Remedy SSO
You can add, search for, edit, and delete users. You can also change user passwords. Similarly, you can add groups (roles) to a realm, add users to groups (roles), and remove users from groups (roles).
To create or edit an authorization profile with Local users in the Presentation Server
- Log in to the TrueSight console as a Super Admin.
- Navigate to Administration>Authorization Profiles.
- Create a new authorization profile or edit an existing authorization profile to associate the user groups.
- Select the tenant that you configured in Remedy Single Sign-On for LOCAL users and select Edit under User Groups.
- Click Add and select the LOCAL user group from the list of user groups, and Save.
- (Optional) Select a role from the list roles.
- (Optional) Select an object from the list of object.
- Select OK and then Save.
- Select Yes to confirm changes to the authorization profile.
- Log out of the TrueSight console.
- Log in to the TrueSight console as a LOCAL user.