The TrueSight Presentation Server hosts the web-based TrueSight console functions and consumes data from various TrueSight products to provide a consolidated set of views for monitoring the infrastructure, real and synthetic applications, and capacity planning. In addition to data presentation, the TrueSight Presentation Server performs functions such as role-based access control and data management functions such as storage and persistence. The following topics describe the major components of this product.
TrueSight Presentation Server integrates with other BMC products to enable tools that help IT Operations monitor and manage the infrastructure or aid in troubleshooting and remediation of outages. For further information about this product, see
The primary product roles align with the default Authorization Profiles that define the groups, roles, and permissions that grant access to the TrueSight Presentation Server interfaces.
- Executives or tenant – Checks the health of the applications and services they are responsible for delivering.
- IT Operations – Monitors the performance and availability of applications and the IT infrastructure. Investigates the cause and initiates remediation.
- Technology Specialist – Sets up and monitors the performance and availability of his respective technology to ensure that it meets the prescribed business requirements and SLAs.
- Application Specialist – Models business applications and manages the software and IT infrastructure that compose the part of an application.
- Capacity Planner – Reserves and schedules IT infrastructure resources, forecasts and models changes to adjust IT resources, report the cost of IT resources to business and IT and application stakeholders.
- Solutions Administrator – Plans, deploys, installs, configures, secures, and upgrades TrueSight Operations Management and TrueSight Capacity Optimization and their data providers.
For details about these roles, see.
The TrueSight console provides the features that enable the product's core use cases and enable users to perform tasks with the product.
TrueSight console features
In the TrueSight console, users monitor applications and infrastructure, plan IT resources, configure the TrueSight system components, administer security, set up monitoring, and set up data collection for TrueSight Infrastructure Management, TrueSight App Visibility Manager, BMC Synthetic Transaction Execution Adapter, and TrueSight Capacity Optimization.
To get started, see the following topics:
The TrueSight Presentation Server documentation helps new and experienced users implement or use this product. Based on your role, the following sections of the documentation are recommended:
All users should view and set up a watch on the Release notes and notices page for the latest product information and documentation updates.
The FAQs and additional resources page answers questions about how to use this online documentation and directs you to other resources for getting information about this product.
When working in the product, click the Help icons to directly link to the topic pertaining to your task. For working offline, you can download an Adobe Acrobat PDF of this documentation from the PDFs page.
Presentation Server documentation sections
Each section identifies the type of information available and links to instructions.
TrueSight Operations Management deployment
TrueSight Capacity Optimization deployment