Integrating with BMC Service Resolution to integrate event management and the service desk
The BMC Service Resolution solution detects and registers infrastructure incidents and application/service-aware incidents to proactively inform you of issues in the IT environment. For example, when a server is not responding, the Payroll Application is impacted or the Consumer Banking Service is slowing down.
The integration of BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management with BMC Service Resolution enables TrueSight Infrastructure Management to create incidents in BMC Remedy Service Desk based on events in the cell. It adds business context to incidents by enabling bidirectional flow of information between the cell and BMC Remedy Service Desk.For detailed information about configuring this integration, see
Using a sample scenario, the following diagram illustrates the information flow in this integration.
- Infrastructure Management detects a degradation in the response time of a router.
- An alert is triggered and routed to Infrastructure Management.
- Using the event and the CI information, an Infrastructure incident is created in Incident Management through the web service.
Incident ID is sent back to Infrastructure Management.
If Infrastructure Management is running on SSL, you must configure SSL. For information about how to achieve this communication, see Configuring SSL for communication.
For information about importing the required SSL certificates, see Importing SSL certificates.
Infrastructure Management pulls the incident information from BMC Remedy ITSM through the HPD_OutbouboundEventInterface web service. For more information, see Using HPD_ IncidentOutboundEvent web service.
- An IncidentInfo event is created.
- Router issue is resolved and the corresponding event is closed in Infrastructure Management.
- The IncidentInfo event is closed, and the details are sent to Incident Management.
- A Service Desk technician closes the incident.