Enabling and accessing global thresholds on TrueSight console
To enable global thresholds on the TrueSight console the Solution Administrator must do the following activities:
Import the Infrastructure Management Repository. For details, see importing the Infrastructure Management repository.
Result: The GlobalThresholds page shows the list of all the monitoring solutions.
The base and extended repositories to be imported are:
- BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Base Monitoring Installation Repository
- BMC TrueSight Infrastructure Management Extended Monitoring Installation Repository
- Add the Infrastructure Management Server. For details, see
as a component.
Result: Global Thresholds is shown under the Configuration menu.
- Authorize the TrueSight console user responsible for managing the global thresholds to have access to all those monitoring solutions for which global thresholds are to be managed. For details, see .
- Assign the Allow Setting of Global Thresholds permissions to a TrueSight console user. For details, see table.
The following video (5:51) illustrates how to perform steps 3 and 4 above with an example.
Accessing global thresholds on TrueSight console
Solutions Administrator or Tenant Administrator and any other user with access rights to the thresholds management alone can access the Global Thresholds.
- Log into the TrueSight console.
- Navigate to Configure > Global Thresholds to view the Global Thresholds page.
- Navigate through the various sections of the page to understand the view.
- See Manage the global thresholds topic to configure and manage global thresholds.
Understanding global thresholds view
The following diagram shows the Global Thresholds view after it was enabled by the Solution Administrator. The following table introduces the sections, fields, and options that are available in the view for managing the global thresholds:
Solutions tree pane view.
|By default, All is selected. The right-side tabular view displays an expanded view of the top-most solution.|
Solutions tabular view.
Absolute Thresholds (Basic and Advanced)
Signature Thresholds (Only Advanced)
For an intelligent threshold computation.
Abnormality Thresholds (Only Advanced)
For doing a probable cause analysis.
|Save and Cancel||Buttons to save the threshold settings or cancel without saving. By default, these buttons appear disabled. The Save button is enabled only when a field in the above thresholds are modified.|
For details on types of thresholds, see Server thresholds, KPIs, and baselines.
For details on probable cause analysis, see Performing probable cause analysis on an event from the TrueSight console.
Where to go from here