When upgrading the TrueSight Cloud Cost Control product, BMC recommends that you follow the upgrade order:
Upgrade the shared architectural components of TrueSight Capacity Optimization . For more information, see
If you want the Overallocated VM recommendation and migration simulation results to be based on Balanced or Conservative optimization behavior, you must install or upgrade to Capacity Agent version 11.3.01.
- Update the Cloud Cost Control package.
(Optional) To recover the AWS reserved instances data from the past months, trigger the historical recovery. For more information, see To recover the historical AWS data .
Starting with version 11.3.01, TrueSight Cloud Cost Control imports data for AWS reserved instances. Data collection begins after you upgrade the product. You must perform this step only if you want to import the historical AWS reserved instances data.
Before attempting alternate upgrade processes, contact BMC Customer Support.
To update the Cloud Cost Control package
- In the TrueSight Capacity Optimization console, select Administration > System > Maintenance.
The Maintenance page is displayed. The Additional Packages table lists the available packages.
For Cloud Cost Control, click the Re-install icon.
- Review the message and click Next.
Review the details of the package and click Proceed.
The Cloud Cost Control package is updated.
To verify the update, in the Additional Packages tab of the TrueSight Capacity Optimization console, ensure that the Installed version column for the Cloud Cost Control item displays 11.3.01.00.
To recover the historical AWS data
- Configure the Amazon Web Services - Cost and Usage Extractor with the Extraction mode property (Advanced) set to Historical, and in the Extraction months field, specify the number of months in the past that you want to recover data for, and then, run the ETL.
The ETL module imports historical data for the period that you specify in the Extraction months property.
- Trigger a manual recovery of the historical costs and infrastructure data from the Cost Settings page. For more information, see Manually recovering historical costs.