Manually recovering historical costs
You can trigger a manual recovery of the historical costs and infrastructure data for your public cloud and on-premises infrastructure from the Cost Settings page.
The Cost Estimation backend service processes the data that is available in the Capacity Optimization database. Based on the scheduling of the ETL modules, data for your on-premises infrastructure and public cloud providers is periodically imported in to the database, which is used by the Cost Estimation service to estimate the costs. When you trigger a manual recovery of historical costs, the Cost Estimation service is initiated and it recomputes the cost estimates.
You might want to manually recover historical costs in one of the following scenarios:
- For public cloud providers: Cost and usage data for the historical period is available and needs to be processed.
- For on-premises infrastructure: The cost definition of the on-premises instances is changed. You want to apply the changed definition to the past infrastructure data and re-estimate the on-premises infrastructure costs.
For more information, see the following sections:
When you trigger a manual recovery of historical costs from the console, the Cost Estimation service is initiated.
It retrieves the historical data from the database and re-estimates the costs. The updated cost estimates are then displayed on the user interface.
Before you begin
|Cloud provider||Prerequisite||Reference ETL modules|
|On-premises infrastructure||Collecting data for TrueSight Cloud Cost Control|
|Defining and managing on-premises costs|
|Public cloud providers|
Ensure that the Capacity Optimization database contains the historical cost and usage data for the required period.
The cost and usage ETL module for the public cloud provider must be configured with the Extraction mode property (Advanced) set to Historical before you run the ETL.
The ETL module imports historical data for the period that you specify in the Extraction months property. The Cost Estimation backend service uses the recovered data to re-evaluate the costs.
To manually recover costs
- In the TrueSight console, expand the left navigation and select Cloud Cost Control.
- In the right pane, click the Settings icon
The Cost Settings page opens. and select Cost Settings.
- In the Cost Settings action menu, select Recover Historical Data.
- Select the cloud provider for which you want to trigger the manual refresh.
- Select the month from when you want to recover data and click Recover.
The Cost Estimation backend service is triggered. It considers the historical data for the specified period and re-evaluates the costs that are displayed on the Cloud Cost Control pages.
This re-evaluation process might take a few minutes. You can review the service logs to know the status. For more information, see the Cloud Estimation service section in .
Where to go from here