This space contains information about the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On 9.0, service packs and patches.
BMC Atrium Single Sign-On is an authentication system that supports many authentication protocols and provides single sign-on and single sign-off for users of BMC products. BMC Atrium Single Sign-On allows users to present credentials only once for authentication and subsequently be automatically authenticated by every BMC product that is integrated into the system.
Using these authentication methods require that you have previously installed the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On server and configured it with an authentication server such as LDAP, RSA SecurID, or others. Not only does BMC Atrium Single Sign-On support authentication with traditional systems such as LDAP or Active Directory, it also supports integration into existing single sign-on systems. BMC Atrium Single Sign-On is the central integration point that performs integration with the local enterprise systems.
- For information on:
- BMC Atrium Single Sign-On 9.0 is available with the following features:
- Support for login page on mobile devices
- Unified installer with integration capabilities
- Better integration with BMC Remedy AR System and Mid Tier
- Improved Certificates management
- Better logging mechanism
- Customizing your Login page using the Branding feature
- Multi-tenancy and multi-realm support
The following video provides information about BMC Atrium Single Sign-On.
Where to start
- To review an end-to-end deployment for BMC Atrium Single Sign-On when mid tier is deployed as a shared service, see Managing realms.
- To review a high level end-to-end implementation process, see .
- To review an end-to-end deployment example for BMC Remedy AR System and the Mid Tier using SAMLv2 authentication, see BMC Atrium Single Sign-On using SAMLv2 deployment example.
- To review an end-to-end deployment for BMC Remedy AR System and the Mid Tier using AR authentication, see Installing BMC Atrium Single Sign-On with the AR System server and Mid Tier.
- To enable and configure multi-tenancy support in BMC Atrium Single Sign-On, see Enabling and disabling multi-tenancy support.
- To access the BMC Atrium SSO Tenant Console, see Managing the BMC Atrium SSO Tenant Console.