Specifying the default behavior of SRDs
Specify the default behavior of service request definitions (SRDs) by using the Service Request Definition Settings form.
To set options in the Service Request Definition Settings form
- On the Application Administration console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, select Service Request Management > Advanced > Service Request Definition Settings, and click Open.
- Select the company for which you want to apply these settings.
For global SRD settings, select Global as the company.
- In the Use Approval Server field:
- Enter Yes if you want to use the Approval Server to determine the approvers of the SRD. This is the default value.
- Enter No if you want to select approvers based on the selections on the Service Request Definition form.
In the Popular Services Interval field, specify how long you want to keep the metrics to determine the top-used SRDs over the given period of time.
(Optional) From the Business Process Sandbox Dataset list, specify the sandbox dataset.
If multiple sources of data provide updates to the Atrium Service Catalog, you must specify a sandbox dataset.
When a service is related to the SRD and the SRD is deployed, the process is created in the CMDB Service Catalog.
(Optional) Specify the Reconciliation Job Name.
This job runs the appropriate reconciliation job with the selected sandbox dataset. You must use reconciliation rules to move the data to production.
If you change the production or sandbox datasets on this form, you must update the underlying reconciliation rules "BMC Asset Management - Sandbox" in the Reconciliation Engine to use the new datasets. Without this change, the data cannot be reconciled to the new production or sandbox datasets.
- Click Save.