Reviewing and maintaining SRDs
Periodically review your SRDs to see how often the SRDs are used and to measure requester satisfaction.
Searching for an SRD
With Request Catalog Manager permissions, you can access the Service Catalog Manager Console and perform different types of searches for SRDs.
- Use the Console View options in the left navigation pane to view only SRDs that are associated with you through your login ID or group ID (for example, SRDs created by you, assigned to you or to your support group, and so on) and that meet your specific search criteria.
Execute this type of search from the Search area near the top of the console.
- You can view SRDs according to specific search criteria, regardless of their associations to people or groups. The top part of the console enables you to specify search criteria, while the search results table shows SRDs in different states, based on your query. The Search Criteria area enables you to filter the SRDs you see in the search results table. Leaving all fields blank results in a search for all SRDs that the user has permissions to view.
Searching for SRDs by using the Company and Console view
You can use the Company and Console View options in the left navigation pane of the console to filter the search result. Use the Company and Console View options to sort SRDs by the following criteria:
Filters the SRDs shown in the search results table based on company. The content of this list is tenancy-driven, subject to your access to various companies. If you have permissions to view only a single company, only that company appears in the list. Selecting Global shows only the SRDs that are designated as Global. Clearing the field shows all records to which the user has access.
Narrows search to only SRDs that you manage.
Used especially in multi-tenancy environment. Enables you to select a different organization and view the SRDs the organization manages.
Enables you to select a different user and view the SRDs that user manages.
Searches for all SRDs regardless of the Service Catalog Manager.
Needs My Approval
Shows SRDs that are not deployed because you have not yet approved them.
Enables you to view SRDs that will become visible to users in a certain number of days (the default is 5). You can configure the number of days in your product settings.
Enables you to view SRDs that will no longer be available to users in a certain number of days (the default is 5). You can configure the number of days in your product settings.
Searching for SRDs by using search criteria
Before you begin
You must have Request Catalog Manager permissions to access the Service Catalog Manager Console and perform the following procedure.
To search for SRD records
- Open the IT Home page, and select Service Request Management > Service Catalog Manager Console.
- Click Console Focus > Request Definition.
- In the Search Criteria area, specify the search criteria.
For example, from the Status list in the Search Criteria area, select a status by which to view SRDs. The options are as follows:
- Draft — These SRDs are in Draft status and have not been submitted for approval.
- Pending — These SRDs were submitted for approval and are pending approval. An SRD goes to Approved status when all the approvers have approved it.
- Request for Approval — These SRDs must be approved before they can be used in the catalog.
- Deployed — These SRDs are available to users from the Service Catalog.
- Expired — These SRDs have expired and are no longer available from the Catalog. When the end date specified for an SRD has passed, the SRD record automatically sets to the Expired status.
- Closed — These SRDs are not available from the Catalog. You must manually set the SRD status to Closed.
- Rejected — These SRDs are not available in the Catalog because they were rejected for various reasons.
- Click Search.
- Select the SRD you want to view, and click View.
The record opens in the Service Request Definition form.
If the record is not pending approval, you can modify the record.
Viewing the SRD audit log
Service Catalog Managers can use the audit log to view the history of certain fields on the SRD, such as Status, Service Catalog Manager, Service Request Approval, Cost, Business Service CI, Turnaround Time, Account Number, and Status Reason. They can also view the notification trail.
This information is read-only. You can view it only when the Service Request Definition form is in Modify mode.
To view the audit log
- Search for the SRD, select it, and click View.
- Click the Functions link in the left navigation pane, and click View Audit Log .
- To view notification audits, click the Notification Audit tab on the View Audit Log form.
- Select a notification from the list that appears in the table, and click View.
Viewing metrics about an SRD
You can view the following types of metrics about an SRD:
- Request frequency
- Recent request count
- Last requested
To view metrics for an SRD
- Search for the SRD, select it, and click View.
- Click the Service Request tab.
View the read-only metrics about the popularity of the SRD:
Metric Description Request Frequency The total number of times a service request has been created from the SRD. For example, the Request Frequency value is incremented each time a user requests the service from the Request Entry console. Recent Request Count The number of times a service request has been created from the SRD during the Popular Services Interval, such as during the past day, week, or month. For more information, see Defining popular services. Last Requested The date and time that a service request was last created from the SRD.
- Click Close.