Promoting services in a slide show
To highlight services and other IT initiatives to users, you can display them as a slide show in the Request Entry console. Users can click a slide to submit their request for the service.
You can configure the slide show in the Slide Management console. You must have SRM Administrator permission to access the Slide Management console.
BMC Service Request Management provides a set of standard images that represent popular requests, such as hardware and software products. You can upload these images from the image library and relate them to Service Request Definitions (SRDs), or you can add new images from your local machine to the image library. You can replace an image with a different one from the image library, and also include hyperlinks in the SRD's description.
Service requests are subject to access restrictions. Users can view only slides that they are allowed to request.
When creating a slide, you can select one of the following types:
- Image — You can display an image to represent any service or IT initiative that your company wants to promote. If you have a web page containing more information on the request, you can redirect users to that page by linking the image to the URL of the web page.
- Text with Image — You can display the title and description of the service along with an image.
To configure slides in the Request Entry console
- In the Administration Console, navigate to Custom Configuration > Service Request Management > Request Entry Management > Service Request Marketing Slide Management and click Open.
- In the Slide Management window, click Add.
- In the Marketing Slide dialog box, enter the following information:
- In the Company field, select the company from the drop-down list.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the image.
- In the Type field select Image if you want to display an image. To link the image with an URL, enter the URL in the Image URL field.
- To add a title and description for the image, select Text with Image.
To link the image with an SRD, click Select in the Related SRD Title field and select the SRD from the list of available SRDs.
By default, the SRD's image is displayed in the Marketing Slide window along with the title and description. You can also edit these details. The description can include hyperlinks in the following format:
<a href="http://www.example.com" target="_blank">Example Corporate Site</a>
- Navigate to the location of the image and click Select to link it.
- To add a new image, click Add Image, specify the company, image name, image file name, and click Add.
You can also add images from the Service Request Definition Image Management screen. Alternatively, navigate to Custom Configuration > Service Request Management > Request Entry Management > Service Request Image Configuration to add images. For more information, see Configuring service request images.
- Click Save.
- In the Administration Console, navigate to Service Request Management > Preferences and click Open.
- Click Search to select your company.
- In the Request Preferences dialog box, click the Request Entry tab.
- In the Show Promotional Section field, select Yes.
- Click Save.
To create and manage slides for other locales
- In the Marketing Slide dialog box, click Other Locales.
- From the Locale drop-down list, select the locale.
- For an image with text, in the Title field, enter a title for the image.
- In the URL field, edit or enter the URL of the image location.
- In the Description field, enter or edit the description.
- Click Add.
- To modify a locale entry, select and edit the entry, and click Modify; to delete a locale entry, select it and click Delete.
- Click Save.