Opening a ticket by using the display ID
You can open an incident, change, work order, or a task ticket by using the display ID of the ticket in the URL. You must have the required permission to view a ticket.
For example, when you open an incident, the GUID of the incident is displayed in the URL:
In addition, instead of navigating through multiple screens of the Ticket Console, you can directly go to the ticket profile page of another ticket by replacing the GUID with /displayid/<Display ID of the ticket> in the URL:
If the administrator has enabled the Enable-Progressive-Views parameter in Centralized configuration, when you navigate to a ticket directly by using the GUID or display ID, the Progressive Web App screen for that ticket is displayed. For PWA screens, you can directly navigate to the ticket profile page by replacing the <ticketPV>/GUID with <ticket>/displayid/<Display ID of the ticket> in the URL.
- You should not use any special character or % or wrong ticket type in the URL. In this case, either the dashboard is opened or you stay on the same page without any error message.
- After opening a ticket by using the display ID in the URL, if you click the back button to go back to the previous page, it does not work in certain browsers.
- Search for tickets by filtering and sorting tickets in the Ticket Console. See Managing your work in Smart IT consoles.
- After you open ticket details in the universal client, click the Pencil icon associated with a group of fields to open those fields in edit mode, which allows you to update the field contents.
- Click the Print icon in the universal client to open a preview, and then print ticket details.