Configuring the Remedyforce search on the Home tab
On the Remedyforce Home tab, you can configure the Remedyforce Search text box.
The Salesforce search is available by default in all the Remedyforce tabs (for Getting Started, Remedyforce Console, and Dashboards tabs). For more information, see the .
When you perform a search from the Remedyforce Search text box, you can view matching search results from the following sources:
- All the BMC Remedyforce data sources (for example, supporting information from records and objects)
- Google search engine
When you click on a matching record, that record opens in a new browser tab or window.
To configure the Remedyforce Search on the Remedyforce Home page
- Click Setup.
- Click Home > Home Page Layouts.
- Corresponding to Remedyforce Home, in the Actions menu, click Edit.
- On the Step 1. Select the components to show page, perform the following steps:
- In the Select Narrow Components to Show section, select Remedyforce Search.
- Click Next.
- On the Step 2. Order the components page, perform the following steps:
- (Optional) Arrange the components on your home page by clicking the Top, Bottom, Up, and Down buttons.
- Click Save & Assign.
- On the Home Page Layout Assignment page, select the Remedyforce Home page layout for the required profiles.
- Click Save.