Troubleshooting issues when importing data from BMC Client Management
For additional troubleshooting tips, see Troubleshooting common issues when importing data.
Mappings cannot be updated from the Salesforce Upsert window
In the Salesforce Upsert window, the drop-down fields listed in the Module field column in the Fields area might not display any values. In this case, you must update the mapping between the data from BMC Client Management and BMC Remedyforce CMDB by using the Edit Mapping option.
Data that is imported from BMC Client Management is corrupted
The job (KJB) files in the Pentaho package send a REST web API request to the BMC Client Management server to initiate the export of data to a .csv file. Each job file contains the list of BMC Client Management fields that are available by default in the .csv file.
If the data imported from BMC Client Management is corrupted or the import does not complete successfully, the .csv file that contains the data exported by BMC Client Management might have been modified. You might have added, deleted, or changed the order of fields in the .csv file. To resolve this issue, you must update the Pentaho jobs and map the fields and the order in which they are listed to the .csv file.
Perform the following actions to fix the corrupted data that is imported from BMC Client Management:
- Navigate to the location where you downloaded and unzipped the Pentaho Data Integration tool.
- To launch the Pentaho Data Integration tool, navigate to the data-integration folder.
- Double-click the Spoon.bat file and open the job (KJB) file that corresponds to the .csv file that you have updated.
For example, if you have updated fields in the .csv file for computer system CIs, open the TransferAssetCoreCSinfotoCMDB.kjb file.
- In the job (KJB) file, right-click the Import Records in Remedyforce CMDB step, and select Open Referenced Object > Transformation.
- In the transformation (KTR) file that is opened, double-click the CSV file input step.
- In the CSV Input window, map the fields and the order in which they are listed to the .csv file that contains data from the BMC Client Management server.
- You can right-click a field and select an option such as Move up and Insert before this row.
- To save your changes, click OK.
- To save the KTR and KJB files, click .