SmartViews - BETA
SmartViews - BETA enables staff members to access all the relevant data of any record in a visually interactive manner. It presents the record in a graphical format including the information related to tasks that are associated with the record and a status of whether those tasks are open, pending, or closed. It provides the details about the record's approval process and all the other ITIL processes. Also, you get an insight into how incidents or service requests can be accessed and information be used and processed to provide services to the end users in a much faster way.
SmartViews - BETA increases the IT staff productivity by not only reducing the number of clicks required to get all related information required to fulfill a request, but also by providing the information in a visual format, making it very easy to understand and use.
You can view SmartViews in a web browser and iPad only.
The following topics are provided:
SmartViews - BETA provides you with a graphical representation of how a record is linked to other records for the following modules in the Remedyforce Console:
- Service Requests
- Change Requests
Other than the graphical information, SmartViews - BETA also supports quick updates and email communication, and allows to track and update the activity feed to any of the related information with just one click with no desktop clutter. SmartViews - BETA is optimized for both, desktop and mobile interfaces.
Information displayed in SmartViews
The following information is displayed in SmartViews depending upon the access that the system administrator has provided. For more information, see Configuring SmartViews - BETA.
If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE), SmartViews are displayed in IE 10 or later.
- Linked records—You can view linked records for incidents, tasks, problems, service requests, change requests, or releases. In Microsoft Internet Explorer 10, linked tasks with a Pending Creation status are shown connected to the record with a solid line instead of a dotted line.
- Linked configuration items and assets—You can view the linked configuration items and assets.
- Linked approvals—When a record is submitted for approval, you can view the linked approvals. If you click on the Approvals node, the Approval Details window is displayed. Click either of the following options:
- Reassign - Select the required approver from the Approver field and click Reassign.
- Approve/Reject - Add an appropriate comment and click Approve or Reject.
- Recall Approval Request - Add an appropriate comment and click Recall Approval Request.
- Lifecycle of a record—You can view the lifecycle of an incident or service request record in the form of a stage progression bar. Click on the bar for a detailed view. If you change the status of a record from Record Details, the updated status will be displayed after you open the record again.
Actions supported in SmartViews
The following actions are supported in SmartViews:
- Export the graphical view as an image
- Print the graphical view
- Set a record as a primary node to see the records linked to it
- Add notes to a record
- Send email messages from a record
- View service targets
Viewing record details
To view the details of the selected records, click Record Details.
The fields that you see in the Record Details section, depend upon the access that the system administrator has provided. For more information, see Configuring SmartViews - BETA.
The following figure shows the options available in the Record Details section:
The following limitations are known in the BETA version of SmartViews:
- Incidents linked to an incident are not displayed.
- A maximum of 100 related records can be displayed under each grouped node on the graph. For example, if 120 problems and 116 tasks are related to an incident, only 100 problems and 100 tasks are displayed in the SmartView for the incident.
- In the Record Details section, fields of type Text Area (Rich) and Multi-Picklist are not displayed.
- In the Record Details section, if no note is attached to a record and you refresh the Activity Feed section, the section is hidden.
- If you display the Template field in the Record Details section, you cannot update the template for a change request, release, or task.
- If you display the Queue and Staff fields in the Record Details section and a record is assigned to a staff member, the staff member is also displayed in the Queue field.
- If you update a staff member in the Record Details section, clients are also displayed in the Staff window and the updated staff member name is not updated on the SmartViews main page below the broadcast.
- In notes, the Duration field is not displayed.
- With an email message and with a record, you can upload an attachment of no more than 1 MB.