Configuring SmartSync - BETA
SmartSync - BETA enables you to import data and configuration settings from the production organization to the sandbox organization. This feature is useful for sandboxes where data and settings need to be configured manually to replicate the configuration settings of the production organization. At a click of a button, from the Remedyforce Administration tab, using the SmartSync - BETA feature, this import process can be done automatically.
The SmartSync - BETA feature is available in all types of sandboxes. However, BMC recommends that you do not use this feature in the fullcopy sandboxes as these types of sandboxes have a copy of data from production.
This section contains the following topics:
Before you begin
To use this feature, make sure that the following criteria are met:
- BMC Remedyforce Summer 16 version or later is installed on the production and sandbox organizations.
- The BMC Remedyforce version that is installed on the sandbox organization is higher or equal to the BMC Remedyforce version on the production organization.
- Your custom configuration related to objects in the production organization is also available on the sandbox organization, for example, custom fields, custom field sets, etc. If not, add the custom configuration on the sandbox organization, refresh the sandbox and then use SmartSync - BETA.
Importing data and configuration settings from the production organization to the sandbox organization
To import data and configuration settings from the production organization to the sandbox organization using SmartSync - BETA:
- Go to the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- Click SmartSync.
- Enter the credentials of the Remedyforce administrator of the production organization from where the data and configuration settings need to be imported.
- Click Import to start the sync process.
After the import process is completed, the status of data import is displayed on the screen.
The following table lists the configuration settings that supported by SmartSync - BETA:
(Remedyforce Administration > Application Settings)
|Consoles||General||Enable and Use the Remedyforce Console|
|Enable Console Dashboard and QuickViews|
|Enable multi-record updates in list views|
|Allow access to Console View|
|Service Requests||All settings|
|Change Requests||All settings|
|Change Schedule||All settings|
|Form Assignment||None||All settings|
|General Application Settings||None|
All settings except the following:
|Global Search||None||All settings|
(Remedyforce Administration > Configure Email)
Email Conversation Settings
Incident - Email Settings
Configure CMDB 2.0
(Remedyforce Administration > Configure CMDB 2.0)
Classes (including Rule Based Asset Class Rules)
General CMDB Settings
List View Customization
Track Attribute History
Configure Self Service
(Remedyforce Administration > Configure Self Service)
General Self Service Settings
Tile Visibility and Order
The following limitations are known in the BETA version of SmartSync:
- Sometimes the sync operation may fail because of an operation timeout. Follow the process again.
- If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE), SmartSync is supported on IE 11 or later.
- Sometimes the Smart Sync button is not visible on the Remedyforce Administration tab on sandbox organization. Refresh the page to view the button.
- The configuration settings and email related settings will not be synced for users who are not available in the production organization.
- The Organization-Wide Email Addresses and Queue Assignment related settings will not be synced.
- Customized “Class Icons” will not imported for CMDB classes.