Configuring Service Health settings
The system administrator must configure Service Health settings for the staff or client to view the service outage history, view Service Health in Self Service, and get email notifications of Service Health updates.
The following topics are provided.
As a system administrator, you can choose to show either services linked to clients, client's accounts, or both.
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
On the Home page, click the Application Settings tile. From the menu select Service Health Settings and then select the options as required.
- When you select the Enable users to subscribe for email notifications on Service Outage updates check box, clients can choose to receive email notification updates on service outages.
- Click Save
- Displaying the service outage history setting is only for clients.
- The system administrator, change manager, or staff member can view the service outage history saved for the past six months. This setting is not configurable for the system administrator, change manager, or staff member.
- In Self Service, services linked to Clients will be selected by default.
- Enable users to subscribe to email notifications on Service Outage updates is not selected by default.
Sending an email notification
In the email notification, the "From" address is always ‘noreply@ salesforce.com' on behalf of the user who subscribed for emails by checking the Enable users to subscribe for email notifications on Service Outage updates check box.
An email template, Service Health Update, is used to send an email notification to users who have subscribed to receive email notifications on any update on a service outage. For customizing an email template, see Customizing an email template.
The Enable users to subscribe to email notifications on Service Outage updates check box must be selected for clients to choose to receive email notifications.