20.16.01.057.015: Patch 1 for version 20.16.01
This topic contains information about the fixes in this patch and provides instructions for upgrading to the patch.
BMC Remedyforce 20.16.01.057.015 (Summer 16 Patch 1) is a cumulative release and includes the enhancements that were provided in version 20.16.01.057 (Summer 16) and its patches. For more information, see Release notes and notices.
The following product updates are provided in BMC Remedyforce 20.16.01.057.015:
- Remedyforce discovery enhancements
- Self Service on Salesforce1 Mobile App enhancements
- Updates to supported browsers and integration
Remedyforce discovery enhancements
The following enhancements have been made to Remedyforce discovery:
If the BMC Remedyforce - BCM Processor (<submitted date time>) scheduled job is not running, one of the running scheduled jobs, BMC Remedyforce - Milestone Processor (<date time>) or Remedyforce Utility Service (<date time>), now keeps the Discovery Server alive. For more information, see Enabling and configuring agentless discovery.
- The Discovery Server status logs have been enhanced. These logs now enable you identify issues related enabling and disabling of discovery, provisioning of the Discovery Server, and success and failure status of sending the KeepAlive request. While monitoring these logs, if you frequently see logs related to disabling of discovery, decommissioning of the Discovery Server, or failure of sending the KeepAlive request (for example, you continuously see the
Last_Discovery_KeepAlive_Failure_Exceptionlog once in every 10 days), it is likely that your Discovery Server has been impacted, or might have been accidentally deleted. To resolve the issue, contact BMC Support and provide the log details. For more information, see Verifying Discovery Server status.
Self Service on Salesforce1 Mobile App enhancements
In the Self Service on Salesforce1 Mobile App, system administrators can now hide the Submit Ticket link, which is displayed on the Superbox, and the Submit a Ticket button, which is displayed on the Self Help Articles and the Common Tickets pages.
For more information, see Configuring settings for Self Service on Salesforce1 Mobile App and Configuring settings for incidents raised by clients.
Updates to supported browsers and integration
BMC Remedyforce 20.16.01.057.015 (Summer 16 Patch 1) supports the following additional browsers and integration with other BMC products:
- Apple Safari on Macintosh OS 9.1.1 (11601.6.17)
- Google Chrome 52.0.2743.82 m
- Mozilla Firefox 47
- BMC Client Management 12.5
- BMC BladeLogic Client Automation 9.0.02
- BMC Discovery 22.214.171.124
- Atrium Integrator 9.1 Patch 1
- BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management TS 10.5
- BMC Server Automation 8.8
- BMC Real End User Experience Management 10.5
For a complete list of supported software, see Supported browsers, mobile devices, and integrations
For information about the issues that are corrected in the BMC Remedyforce 20.16.01.057.015 (Summer 16 Patch 1), see Known and corrected issues.
BMC will automatically push version 20.16.01.057.015 (Summer 16 Patch 1) to all sandbox and production organizations on version 20.16.01.057 (Summer 16) as scheduled on the Release Schedules page.
If you are using profiles or custom permission sets to manage permissions for your users, you have to manually update permissions after your organization is upgraded to the latest version of BMC Remedyforce. You must perform these procedures for both self-upgrade and automatic upgrade. If you are upgrading from a few releases prior to the latest release, you must update permissions for each interim release.
For information about updating permissions and enabling new features in the current and previous releases, see Post-upgrade procedures repository.