Upgrading to Self Service 2.0 user interface
Self Service 2.0 has a new user friendly, tab based interface. This interface helps to improve performance and usability. There are multiple tiles on the Home tab, such as, View Tickets and Requests, Submit a Ticket, Request a Service, and so on. The Popular Self Help Articles and Common Service Requests links are also available and searchable.
To confirm that you are using Self Service 2.0, refer to the following image:
After you migrate to the new Self Service user interface, you cannot revert to the previous version of the Self Service user interface.
To migrate to the Self Service 2.0 user interface
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Configure Self Service tile, and from the menu select General Self Service Settings.
- Select the Migrate to new Self Service user interface check box.
- In the confirmation box, click OK.
System administrators can preview the new Self Service interface before migrating to the new interface by navigating to All tabs> Remedyforce Self Service 2.0: Preview tab. This tab is available for system administrators by default. However, the administrator can make the Remedyforce Self Service 2.0: Preview tab available for other profiles to allow them to preview the Self Service 2.0 interface.
To allow users to preview the Self Service 2.0 interface
- Navigate to Setup > Manage Users > Profiles.
- In the Action column for the profile that you have selected for the user, click Edit.
- In the Tab Settings section, select Default On for the Remedyforce Self Service 2.0: Preview tab.
- Click Save.
- Navigate to Setup > Create > Apps.
- In the Action column beside BMC Remedyforce, click Edit.
- In the Available Tabs list, select the Remedyforce Self Service 2.0: Preview tab, and click the right arrow to move the Remedyforce Self Service 2.0: Preview tab to the Selected Tabs list.
Remedyforce Self Service 2.0: Preview tab is available only for users with Salesforce Platform license.