Configuring BMC Remedyforce for Salesforce Lightning Experience
Remedyforce now supports and works in the new Salesforce Lightning Experience.
Lightning Experience supports only the following Remedyforce tabs.
- Knowledge Articles
- Remedyforce Self Service 3.0
- Remedyforce Workspaces
- Remedyforce Administration
- Remedyforce CMDB
- Remedyforce Console
- Getting Started
- Remedyforce Marketplace
- Remedyforce Service Health
- Remedyforce Dashboard
Refer the following sections for configuring Remedyforce for Lightning Experience.
Before you begin
Ensure that you have already turned on the Salesforce Lightning Experience in your organization and have assigned the appropriate permissions. For more information, see Salesforce Help.
You must setup domain for your organization. For more information, see My Domain.
To configure BMC Remedyforce Lightning
- From Lightning, click the Setup gear icon and then select Setup Home.
- In Quick Find, type App. From the search results, click App Manager.
- Click New Lightning App and enter a name for your app and provide the description. For example, Remedyforce Lightning.
- Upload an image of your choice (For example, your company logo) and set the Primary Color Hex Value (for example, your company’s primary color) and click Next.
- Click Next.
Select the tabs you want to make available.
The Tab accessibility can be managed at the Profile or Permission Set Level.
Assign the profiles that should have access to this app. For example, ServiceDesk System Administrator, ServiceDesk Staff, and the ServiceDesk Change Manager.
The app that works in the Salesforce Lightning Experience is now ready with your logo and color scheme.
BMC recommends that you test the above procedure under various profiles. For example, typically for the staff member, the Remedyforce Administration tab is set to Hidden. Verify this after you create the Lightning app and then make it available to your staff members.
Caveats for the Salesforce Lightning Experience
- The Walkthrough and the SelfHelp flows on the Getting Started and Remedyforce Administration tabs respectively are not supported in Salesforce Lightning Experience.
- Remedyforce for Lightning Experience is not supported on Microsoft Internet Explorer 11. If there any issues found, the issues will not be resolved. However, you can use other browsers such as Microsoft Edge and and Google Chrome. In case you have opted for Extended use of Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 with Lightning Experience under Setup > Security > Session Settings, it is still not recommended to run Remedyforce on Explorer 11 because of security compromises and performance issues.
- You might experience unpredictable behavior if you switch back and forth from Classic to Lightning. For such instances, it is recommended that you log out of the session and log in again.
- The print and print to PDF options are not supported in the Lightning Experience.
- While creating an incident from Chatter in the Lightning Experience, you cannot attach more than one file.
When you navigate to Remedyforce Administration > Manage Users > Clients > click any client, and on the Client page, click an incident record from the Support Information section. The incident opens in the Remedyforce Console; however, the Remedyforce Console tab is not highlighted.
- From Remeyforce Console, if you open a record in a new browser tab, the Salesforce header that shows all menu tabs is not displayed.