Configuring Smart Suggestions for Self Service 3.0
Smart Suggestions are recommendations that are provided to clients when they are creating a ticket in Self Service. Smart Suggestions appear in the ticket window when a client enters more than two characters in the Description, Category, or Service fields. Based on the data that the client enters, the Smart Suggestions feature provides quick and easy access to relevant information. To make Smart Suggestions available to clients in Self Service 3.0, you must configure and enable the feature.
Overview of Smart Suggestions
If you enable the Smart Suggestions feature, the Smart Suggestions pane slides out when a client enters data in any of the three fields: Description, Category, or Service. Based on the data that the client enters, Smart Suggestions show the relevant information in the following sections and in the order that you configured the sections to be displayed:
- Self Help Articles
- Common Tickets
- Service Requests
Each section shows a maximum of 15 records. At a time, only one section can be expanded. Note that the Self Help Articles section displays only Remedyforce knowledge articles.
Clients are shown only those records that are entitled for such views. Clients can click any of the displayed information from any section. When a client clicks a record, the record is shown in the same pane as the ticket. Clients can use the Back button to return to the ticket.
The following image shows the Smart Suggestion pane and the available sections.
How the Smart Suggestions search works
Records are displayed in the Smart Suggestions pane based on the value entered in any of the three fields:
The search is based on the following considerations:
- Depending on the values entered in these fields, a search is carried out to obtain a result that contains all values combined.
- If there are no matching results for all the combined values, a search is carried out for separate values for each field.
- If a search returns more than 15 results for a section, only 15 records are shown for that section.
- If a client enters a value in the Service field, knowledge articles and service requests that are linked to the service are also displayed.
- If there are no results from the search, the Smart Suggestions pane is not displayed.
To configure Smart Suggestions
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Configure Self Service tile, and from the menu select Tickets Layouts.
- Click Configure Smart Suggestions.
- On the Configure Smart Suggestions tab, select the Enable Smart Suggestions check box.
When you select the Enable Smart Suggestions check box, the check boxes in the Show Smart Suggestions for section are enabled.
- In the Show Smart Suggestions for section, select the appropriate check boxes.
Click the Saveicon.
Configurations for setting the Smart Suggestions sections
The following configuration settings impact the order of display of Smart Suggestions sections and suggestions that are shown in the section:
|Combined results of service requests and common tickets under the section Service Requests.||Remedyforce Administration > Configure Self Service > Service Request > Display service request definitions and incident templates together|
|The Self Help Articles section.||Remedyforce Administration > Configure Self Service > Search > Enable display of popular or suggested Remedyforce knowledge articles on the Home tab and Self Service Search tab|
|The Self Help Articles section as the first section.||Remedyforce Administration > Configure Self Service > General Self Service Settings > Knowledge articles have precedence over service requests in the layout|
|Only the selected common tickets in the Common Tickets section.||Remedyforce Administration > Configure Self Service > Common Requests|
|Different color of the count box that shows number of records in each section.||Remedyforce Administration > Configure Self Service > Branding > Default Button Color|