Activity feed in the Remedyforce Console
For an open record, the Activity Feed option displays the action history and the list of attachments. You can also send email messages, add notes, and upload attachments from the activity feed. The Activity Feed option is not displayed while creating new records or cloning existing records; it is displayed after the record is saved. When you open a record, the activity feed is not displayed by default. Click the Activity Feed icon to view the contents.
To enable staff members to add attachments in Activity Feed, ensure that the API Enabled check box from Setup > Manage Users > Profiles > Administrative Permissions section, is selected for their profile.
Modules for which the activity feed is available
The Activity Feed option is available for the following modules in the Remedyforce Console:
- Service Requests
- Change Requests
The following figure shows an example of the activity feed for an incident:
The following points are applicable for the Activity Feed option:
- At a given time, you can view either the Smart Suggestions or the activity feed for a record.
- A maximum of 200 recent activities and 200 recent attachments are displayed in the activity feed under the Actions and Attachments section.
- If you want to view all the actions for a record, click Action > View Action History.
- You can only add Notes from the Activity Feed option and send email messages. To add other types of action records, use the New Action option from the Actions menu.
You can only use some of the email options from the Activity Feed option. For all email options, you can either use the hyperlink provided on the Message window for advanced version of email, or use the Email option from the Actions menu. You cannot perform the following actions from the Activity Feed option:
- Viewing or sending emails in Rich Text format
- Copying data from the fields of records to emails
- Inserting record hyperlinks in emails
- Replying to emails
- Attachments attached to an email message are hyperlinks and are shown below the Subject line of a sent or received email message. A maximum of 12 attachments are shown. If there are more than 12 attachments attached to an email message, to see all attachments, go to the Attachments section of the Activity Feed. You can also view the attachments in the Files section of the record in the Details tab. If you delete some attachments of an email message and then refresh the Activity Feed, the deleted attachments are not shown with the email message. If you delete all the attachments of an email message and then refresh the Activity Feed, the attachments linked with email message are shown as plain text.
- The duration that is added for Notes is not displayed in the Actions timeline.
- The files or notes that you upload as Salesforce Files from the Details tab of any record are displayed in the Activity Feed option.
- Activity feed is refreshed automatically when certain actions are performed. For example, if a note is added or an attachment is uploaded from the Actions menu on the form. However, the activity feed is not automatically refreshed in other cases. To see latest contents in activity feed, click the Refresh icon.
- On the Remedyforce Administration > Manage Users > User Settings page, if you enable Contacts for the Client Users Include setting, contacts are shown when you type the name of a contact in the To, Cc, and Bcc fields while sending an email message.
- If you encrypt both Name and Email fields of the Contact object, then the typeahead for To, Cc, and Bcc fields on Activity Feed does not display results for contacts. If either Name or Email field of the Contact object is encrypted, then the typeahead for To, Cc, and Bcc fields on Activity Feed shows the matching results from contacts based on the non-encrypted field.
- If you enter the email details by clicking the email icon and then switch to the advanced version of email, the data that you entered earlier is not shown in the advanced email form. You will have to enter the data again.