Self-upgrading by installing the managed package
You can self-upgrade to the latest release of BMC Remedyforce by manually installing the managed package that is available on Salesforce AppExchange. Based on your organization's needs and internal change control processes, you can perform a self-upgrade at any time or on any day before the scheduled automatic upgrade by BMC. For more information, see Release schedules.
The following topics are provided:
Before you begin
Before you install the latest BMC Remedyforce managed package, BMC recommends that you review information about Items that are not upgraded.
To self-upgrade by installing the managed package
- Navigate to Setup > AppExchange Marketplace.
- In the AppExchange search bar, type Remedyforce and click Search.
- Click the BMC Remedyforce application and then click Get It Now.
- Click Login to the AppExchange.
You must log on with the system administrator credentials.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- To install on a production organization, click Install in production.
- To install on a sandbox organization, click Install in sandbox.
- Select the I have read and agree to the terms and conditions check box and click Confirm and Install.
- On the Log In page, log on to your Salesforce.com organization as a user with administrative permissions.
In the Install BMC Remedyforce - IT Help Desk section, select Install for Specific Profiles.
assign the appropriate access levels for profiles. If you have assigned (or plan to assign) out-of-the-box BMC Remedyforce permission sets to your users, you can choose to skip step 9 and proceed to step 10.
If you do not select the correct profile access level and you do not want to assign out-of-the-box BMC Remedyforce permission sets to your users, you must manually configure profile-level permissions for the new Visualforce pages, Apex classes, objects, and fields. For more information, see Manually configuring permissions for profiles after upgrade to 20.15.02.
In the Select Specific Profiles section, perform the following actions:
- For the ServiceDesk Change Manager profile, from the Access Level list, select ServiceDesk Change Manager.
- For all ServiceDesk Client profiles, from the Access Level list, select ServiceDesk Client.
- For the ServiceDesk Staff profile, from the Access Level list, select ServiceDesk Staff.
- For the rest of the profiles, leave the default value of No Access.
When the upgrade is complete, you receive four email messages: one from Salesforce and the others from BMC Remedyforce.
If the upgrade is successful, you can begin using the application. If you receive a failure notification, contact BMC Support for next steps. In the event of a failure, the Salesforce.com organization is rolled back to the previous state. You can reinstall the managed package from Salesforce App Exchange. Click Upgrade.
Where to go next
BMC Contributor Content: You can also view the video created by the BMC Remedyforce Customer Success Team.