Managing availability of queues
If you do not want to delete a queue because it might be used in future, you can configure these queues as inactive. If you configure a queue as inactive, that queue is not shown in the following locations:
- Queue or Owner ID lookup fields in the Remedyforce Console (
- Suggested Owners Mapping page (Remedyforce Administration > Configure Application > Suggested Owners)
- Templates creation page (Remedyforce Administration > Configure Application > Templates)
- Incident assignment to queue lookup field (Remedyforce Administration > Configure Self Service > Incidents)
- Assign Tickets created from this layout to Queue lookup field (Remedyforce Administration > Configure Self Service > Tickets Layouts)
- Owner ID and Client ID fields on the Qualification tab of a service target
- In the Color Coding and Query Condition sections of new QuickView
If you mark a queue that is common for multiple objects as inactive for one of the objects, it becomes inactive for all other objects too.
To manage availability of queues
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Manage Users tile, and from the menu, select Manage Queue Availability.
- From the Object list, select the required object, such as Incident.
The queues associated with the selected object are displayed in the Active in Remedyforce forms list.
Perform the following actions based on your requirements:
From the Active in Remedyforce forms list, select the queues that you do not want to display in the Queue lookup field, and click the right arrow.
From the Inactive in Remedyforce forms list, select the queues that you want to display in the Queue lookup field, and click the left arrow.
- Click .
Repeat step 3 to 6 for the other required objects.
A dot (.) is shown besides the queues that are common to all objects. Also, if you configure a common queue as inactive for one object, that queue is inactivated for all objects.