Configuring Smart Suggestions - BETA
BMC Remedyforce 20.15.02 contains a beta version of Smart Suggestions that is production quality but has known limitations.
The following topics are provided:
Overview of Smart Suggestions
To provide staff members with quick-and-easy access to relevant information while working on an incident in the Remedyforce Console, you can enable and configure Smart Suggestions. When staff members are working on an incident, they can view suggested knowledge articles, broadcasts, and templates that might be relevant to the record. They can browse the suggested knowledge articles, broadcasts, and templates, and link relevant records to the incident. The smart suggestions are displayed based on the description and category of the working record.
If Smart Suggestions is enabled, a pane is displayed at the bottom of the Incident form in the Remedyforce Console. If there is no value in the Category or Description fields of an incident record, the suggestions are not displayed. By default, a maximum of 10 records for each type are shown in the Smart Suggestions. At a given time, a maximum of 50 records are shown in the Smart Suggestions pane.
Considerations for configuring Smart Suggestions
Note the following important points about Smart Suggestions:
- Smart Suggestions feature is available only for open and active incident records in the Remedyforce Console.
- Smart Suggestions feature is not available for closed and inactive incident records.
- Smart Suggestions feature is not available for service requests in the Remedyforce Console.
- Smart Suggestions are supported for Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0 and later.
- If a staff member opens an incident on which a template is applied, suggestions are displayed only if the Allow applying of templates on an existing record check box is selected (Remedyforce Administration > Application Settings > General Application Settings > Template Settings).
- If a staff member applies a template from Smart Suggestions, the Replace form field values with template field values check box (Remedyforce Administration > Application Settings > General Application Settings > Template Settings) setting is considered.
- If a staff member chooses to copy text from a knowledge article or link to the Resolution field, the knowledge article is also linked to the incident after the record is saved.
- If a record is locked by another user, suggestions are not displayed.
- In searches for suggested templates, keywords are not searched in the following field types:
- Check box
How results are displayed for Smart Suggestions
Suggestions are displayed based on the values entered in the Category and Description fields of an incident record.
The following table provides information about how smart suggestions are displayed if the selected category is Hardware and the description entered is Laptop Crashed:
|Value entered in field||Smart Suggestions|
The precedence of the results displayed for Smart Suggestions:
|Category and Description||The precedence of the results displayed for Smart Suggestions:|
All knowledge articles, broadcasts, and templates that contain Laptop and Crashed in any of the text type fields are displayed.
To configure Smart Suggestions
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Application Settings tile, and from the menu select Consoles.
- On the Consoles tab, click Configure Smart Suggestions.
- On the Configure Smart Suggestions tab, select the Enable Smart Suggestions – BETA check box.
In the Show Smart Suggestions for section, select the appropriate check boxes for which you want to enable smart suggestions.
The Knowledge Articles check box is enabled only if the Global Search page (Remedyforce Administration > Application Settings > Global Search).check box is selected on the
- Click .