Configuring service request settings for Self Service
You can configure settings related to service requests on the Service Requests page.
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Configure Self Service tile, and from the menu select Service Requests.
- To display both Incident templates and service request definitions in the Common Service Requests tab, select the Display service request definitions and incident templates together check box.
If you select this check box, service request definitions and Incident templates are displayed together in the Common Service Requests tab. The Common Tickets tab is not displayed.
If you clear this check box, Incident templates are listed in the Common Tickets tab and service request definitions are listed in the Common Service Requests tab.
- To use the My Cart feature in Self Service, select the Enable My Cart check box.
If you select this check box, the My Cart feature becomes available in the following sections:
- The Save To Cart button becomes available when you are submitting a service request.
- The Add To Cart button becomes available when you are previewing a service request in the Service Request Preview window.
The My Cart icon becomes available in Self Service.
If Self Service users have service requests in the My Cart icon and you clear the Enable My Cart check box, the Self Service users cannot check out these service requests because the My Cart icon is not available to them. If no active, online, available (the End Date has not occurred), and entitled service request definitions exist, the My Cart icon does not appear in Self Service even if you select this check box.
- To allow Self Service users to preview the service request before creating the service request, select the Enable preview of service requests check box.
- To allow clients to edit a submitted service request, select the Enable editing of submitted service requests check box.
Clients will be able to edit a service request only if there is no approval needed or all approvals for the service request are pending or rejected and no change requests or tasks have been created (either manually or from the templates linked to the request definition). If there are task or change request templates linked to a request definition, editing will not be enabled for the service requests created from such request definitions.
- Only those categories for which request definitions are created and are enabled for Self Service are shown in the Self Service > Request a Service tab. To configure which request definitions are shown when a client clicks a category, select one of the following options:
- Show request definitions of the selected category
- Show request definitions of the selected category and its child categories
- Click .