Configuring search settings for Self Service
You can configure what all knowledge repositories can the Self Service client can search.
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Configure Self Service tile, and from the menu select Search.
- In the Intranet URL field, enter the URL of your organization's Intranet.
This URL creates the search string that searches for matching values on the intranet of the company.
- To allow users to search the Internet by using the Google search engine, select the Enable Internet searching check box.
- To allow users to search the knowledge articles of BMC Remedyforce, select the Enable Remedyforce knowledge articles searching check box.
When you do not select this check box, the Self Service users do not get the link to knowledge articles if a Staff member has shared it.
- To allow users to search the knowledge articles of Salesforce, select the Enable Salesforce knowledge articles searching check box.
Select this check box if you have Salesforce knowledge license for the Salesforce organization where BMC Remedyforce is installed.
For information about settings that you must configure to display Salesforce knowledge articles in Self Service, see Enabling Salesforce knowledge articles to be viewed in Self Service.
- Click Save.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click OK.
- To allow users to open Self Service Search directly, use the link in the Direct Link: Self Service Search field.
You can embed this link on your intranet site or send the link by using an email to provide direct access to Self Service Search.
If you enter a keyword in your URL, when the user clicks the link, Self Service opens with the results corresponding to that keyword. If you do not add a keyword, Self Service search opens without any results.
For example, if you add the word printer at the end of the URL, when the users click that URL, Self Service Search tab opens with the results corresponding to the keyword printer.
For more information, see Providing direct links for Self Service components.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you