Configuring entitlement of SRDs
By default, a service request definition (SRD) is available to all accounts and all users. You can configure to show an SRD to users of specific accounts, and in those accounts, to users of specific profiles or permission sets.
Portal and nonportal users can view the SRD in Self Service based on specific conditions. For more information, see Visibility of an SRD in Self Service for portal and nonportal users.
Before you begin
Create an SRD. For more information, see Creating and configuring an SRD.
To configure entitlement of an SRD
- Click the Entitlement tab of the SRD.
- To entitle the accounts whose users will see the SRD, select Selected Accounts.
- In the Available Accounts list, select the required accounts, and click the right arrow.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- To entitle all users of the selected accounts, from the Within selected accounts, this service request is available to list, verify that All Users is selected, and go to step 5.
- To entitle users of selected profiles or permission sets, from the Within selected accounts, this service request is available to list, select Users of Selected Profiles or Users of Selected Permission Sets.
- Select the profiles or permission sets to whose users within the selected accounts (if selected) the SRD will be shown.
- Click .
The following table lists when an SRD is shown to a user in Self Service based on the settings that you select in the Entitlement tab.
|All Accounts||Selected Accounts||All Users||Selected Profiles||Selected permission sets||Visibility of SRD to users to whom an account is assigned||Visibility of SRD to users to whom an account is not assigned|
|Visible to users with selected profiles||Visible to users with selected profiles|
|Visible to users with selected permission sets||Visible to users with selected permission sets|
|Visible to users with selected accounts||Visible|
|Visible to users with selected accounts and selected profiles||Visible to users with selected profiles|
|Visible to users with selected accounts and selected permission sets||Visible to users with selected permission sets|