Performing the installation
Before you install the BMC Remedyforce 20.15.01 managed package, you must set up the required profiles and assign a role to the system administrator. For more information see, Setting up the required profiles and Assigning a role to the system administrator.
To install the managed package
- In a browser, open http://appexchange.salesforce.com.
- In the Appexchange search bar, type Remedyforce and click Search.
- Click the BMCRemedyforce application and then click Get It Now.
- Click Login to the AppExchange.
You must log on with the system administrator credentials.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- To install on a production organization, click Install in production.
- To install on a sandbox organization, click Install in sandbox.
- Select the I have read and agree to the terms and conditions. check box and click Confirm and Install!.
- On the Log In page, log on to your Salesforce.com organization as a user with administrative permissions.
- In the Install BMC Remedyforce - IT Help Desk section, select Install for Specific Profiles.
In the Select Specific Profiles section, perform the following actions:
- For the ServiceDesk Change Manager profile, from the Access Level list, select ServiceDesk Change Manager.
- For all ServiceDesk Client profiles, from the Access Level list, select ServiceDesk Client.
- For the ServiceDesk Staff profile, from the Access Level list, select ServiceDesk Staff.
For the rest of the profiles, leave the default value of No Access.
If you are an existing Salesforce customer and have custom profiles, assign the level of access that is appropriate to the custom profiles.
When the installation is complete, you receive four email messages, one from Salesforce and others from BMC Remedyforce.
If you are using BMC Remedyforce on a sandbox, to allow Salesforce organization to send you all types of email messages, ensure that Access Level in the Access to Send Email section is set to All email on the Setup > Email Administration > Deliverability page.
If the installation is successful, you can begin using the application. If you have received failure notification, contact BMC Support for next steps. In case of a failure, the Salesforce organization is rolled back to the previous state.
- After installation, select BMC Remedyforce from the Application option and navigate to the Remedyforce Administration > Application Settings > General Application Settings page, and restart the milestone processor by clicking the Stop Milestone Processor button and then clicking the Start Milestone Processor button.
- (Optional) After installation, perform the following steps to clear the Allow Activities check box for the BMC Remedyforce objects that you do not want to show in the Salesforce
- Navigate to Setup > Create > Objects.
- Business Service
- Change Request Service Target
- Incident Service Target
- IPX Connectivity Network
- Request Detail
In the Label column, click the required BMC Remedyforce object from the following list:
- Request Detail Inputs
- Click Edit.
- In the Optional Features section, clear the Allow Activities check box.
- Click Save.
- Repeat step b to step e for the other BMC Remedyforce objects that you do not want to show in the Salesforce