Integrating BMC Remedyforce with BMC Client Management
BMC Client Management (known before version 12.0 as BMC FootPrints Asset Core) is an advanced systems management software that provides a reliable way to monitor, manage, and troubleshoot all systems on a network. It isolates the exact point of failure when problems occur and makes it possible for network and system difficulties to be resolved quickly. For more information, see http://www.bmc.com/products/footprints/bmc-footprints.html.
When BMC Remedyforce and BMC Client Management are integrated, users can link BMC Client Management devices to an incident or service request, view asset summary of the devices, perform actions and deploy operational rules on the devices, and start the BMC Client Management console from BMC Remedyforce.
After you configure the integration between BMC Remedyforce and BMC Client Management, you must import data from BMC Client Management into BMC Remedyforce by using the Pentaho Data Integration tool. For more information, see Importing data from BMC Client Management.
The following topics are provided:
- Overview of the BMC Remedyforce integration with BMC Client Management
- Configuring the integration between BMC Remedyforce and BMC Client Management
- Creating an approval process for deploying operational rules
- Creating a Task template to deploy an operational rule
- Creating an Incident template to deploy an operational rule
- Creating a Request Detail template to deploy an operational rule
- Creating SRDs that require operational-rule deployment
- Troubleshooting the BMC Remedyforce integration with BMC Client Management