Enabling Remedyforce Search Version 2
From the Spring'15 release, Salesforce is ending support for HTML Area type components. Because Remedyforce Search is an HTML Area type component, BMC has provided Remedyforce Search Version 2, which is a Visualforce component. If you were using the Remedyforce Search component before upgrading to 20.15.01, you must enable the new Remedyforce Search Version 2 component. Remedyforce Search Version 2 is displayed on the left side bar component in the application.
To enable Remedyforce Search Version 2
To add the Remedyforce Search Version 2 check box to Home page layouts, perform the following actions:
Navigate to Setup > Customize > Home > Home Page Layouts.
On the Home Page Layouts page, click a Home page layout; for example, Remedyforce Home.
On the Home Page Layouts page, click Edit.
In the Select Narrow Components to Show section, select the Remedyforce Search Version 2 check box and clear the Remedyforce Search check box.
- To assign the page layout to the required profiles, perform the following actions:
- Navigate to Setup > Customize > Home > Home Page Layouts.
- On the Home Page Layouts page, click Page Layout Assignment.
- On the Home Page Layouts Assignment page, click Edit Assignment.
- For the required profile, select the home page layouts that you customized in the preceding step.
- Click Save.