Creating an email template
You can use only Visualforce email templates in the Email Message window.
To ensure that you can use the email template that you are creating, select User in the Recipient Type list and <namespace of organization >__<object name >__c in the Relate To Type list while creating the template.
Also, to allow users to use email templates in email conversations, enable the Enable the Email Template Field field in Remedyforce Administration > Configure Email > Email Conversation Settings.
To create an email template
- Click the Remedyforce Administration tab.
- On the Home page, click the Configure Email tile, and from the menu, select Email Templates.
- Click New Template.
- On the "Step 1. Email Template: New Template" page, select Visualforce, and click Next.
- In the Email Template Information section, from the Folder list, select the folder for your template.
- To enable users to use the template when sending email messages, select the Available For Use check box.
- In the Email Template Name field, enter a name for the template.
- In the Visualforce Template Attributes section, in the Email Subject field, enter the subject of the email template.
- From the Recipient Type list, select User.
- From the Relate To Type list, select <namespace of organization> __<object name>.
- Click Save.
Enter the email text after creating the email template. For information about using fields available on the object forms, see Customizing an email template.
The email listener first searches for the (Ref:xx:#) keyword in the subject of the email message. If it is not found in the subject, the email listener searches for the (Ref:xx:#) keyword in the body of the email message. If the (Ref:xx:#) keyword is not found in either the subject or in the body of the email message, a new incident is created.
Work with your Email Administration group to set up a rule to forward all emails that come to your outbound email address (email@example.com). These emails must be forwarded to the email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) of your email service.
For more information about configuring your Email server, see the documentation of your Email server.