Receiving notifications for incoming chats or messages
BMC Live Chat notifies support agents in Remedy with Smart IT (Smart IT) of incoming chats and new messages in an existing chat in the following scenarios:
- Agents are on a browser tab other than the agent console in Smart IT.
- Agents have minimized the browser in which the agent console in Smart IT is open.
- Another application is open.
- Notifications of incoming chats or messages are not sent to support agents in BMC Helix Business Workflows.
- In Smart IT, notifications can be received only for websites that have installed the Secured Socket Layers (SSL) certificates.
The following table describes the type of notifications that are sent by BMC Live Chat:
|Agent's window||Notification scenario||Notification type|
Agent is in the agent console in Smart IT
Agent is in the agent console in Smart IT but not in an existing chat window
Agent is not in the agent console in Smart IT
(Agent has minimized the Smart IT tab or is in a window or tab other than Smart IT)
Browser support for notifications
The following browsers are supported:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome—From version 49, notifications do not work in the incognito mode.
- Microsoft Edge—Version 38.14352 and later are supported.
- Internet Explorer—Version 11 and earlier are not supported.
To receive notifications for incoming chats or messages
To allow notifications from BMC Live Chat, agents must set up the computer and browser to allow notifications.
- Check your computer configuration to allow notifications by performing one of the following steps:
- For Windows 10,
- For macOS X,
- Open the browser in which you want to access the agent console in Smart IT and perform one of the following steps:
- In Google Chrome,
- In Mozilla Firefox,
- In Microsoft Edge,
You receive notifications when you grant permission for notifications in the browser prompt message, as shown in the following example: