Configuring social collaboration
Users can receive notifications via external notification applications such as Twitter or RSS feeds. As an administrator, you need to enable the functionality.
To enable Twitter notification and RSS feed functionality
- Select Application Administration Console > Custom Configuration > Foundation > Advanced Options > System Configuration Settings - System Settings.
- Click Open.
- Select the Social Collaboration functionality to enable:
- Enable Notification via Twitter
- Enable RSS Feed
- Click Save.
For your changes to take effect, log out and log on again.
Tasks for configuring social collaboration
For users to be able to receive notifications, you must perform the following tasks:
- Configuring the Twitter integration
- Defining RSS feeds
- Configuring Twitter notifications for companies
For information about using social collaboration features, see Receiving BMC Helix ITSM broadcasts in RSS Feeds and on Twitter.