Obtaining the Installation System image by using physical media
- Copy the uploadfiles.txt file from the media to your workstation.
Update the following variables in the uploadfiles.txt file:
Remove the angle brackets (< >) from around the variables when you update them.
Domain name server (DNS) host name for your mainframe subsystem
Your mainframe user ID
Your mainframe password
High-level qualifier for data set naming
The HLQ is 1 to 26 characters, and it must adhere to your system’s standards.
The HLQ that you specify will be used in subsequent jobs.
(optional) SMS storage class
(optional) SMS management class
(optional) SMS data class
Delete the line if you do not use the variable.1
- Open a command prompt.
For example, in Windows 10, click the Start menu, type command prompt, and click Command Prompt.
- Change to the drive that contains the media.
For example, if your DVD reader is designated as drive D, type d:.
- Change to the ga directory.
- Execute the following command to transfer the image to your mainframe:
ftp -n -s:'myPath/uploadfiles.txt'
This command is case sensitive. Update myPath with the path where you saved the uploadfiles.txt file.
If an error occurs, the following items are common causes:
- The quotation marks are missing.
- If you copied and pasted the command, the dashes in front of n and s can be misinterpreted. Type the dashes manually.
- Continue to Decompressing the Installation System image.