Obtaining the Installation System image by using the direct file transfer method
Create a job by copying the appropriate sample JCL.
See Sample JCL. If prompted, provide a valid support user ID and password. To register for a support user ID and password, go to http://www.bmc.com/support.
- Make the changes described in the following table:
Customize the jobcard or jobcards to comply with your site’s requirements.
These jobs require a REGION parameter value of 0M.
Variable text in the INPUT DD section
Change the variables in the input section as described in the description section of the JCL.
Consider the following information when modifying the JCL:
- Ensure that the JCL is unnumbered; FTP or SFTP reads all 80 characters.
- Set CAPS OFF and NUM OFF.
- Remove the angle brackets (< >) from around the variables when you update them.
The BMC ESD FTP server is case sensitive. You must use lowercase letters for all data in the INPUT DD section.
To view the current password, go to File server and certificate information. If prompted, provide a valid support user ID and password. To register for a support user ID and password, go to http://www.bmc.com/support.
If you do not use a variable, delete the line. Do not leave unused lines in the JCL.
- The data sets created by the JCL should not already exist.
- Submit the JCL to perform the download.
- Continue to Decompressing the Installation System image.