Ping Check plugin
This plugin pings a set of hosts and reports on the response time.The plugin allows multiple hosts to be pinged and each of those hosts to set their own Poll interval.
This plugin parses the output of the ping utility, therefore this plugin only works on systems running the Meter in an English locale.
The ping command line utility must be installed on the system where the plugin is deployed
Meter version 4.2 or later must be installed.
The Ping Check plugin supports the following Operating Systems.
To install the plugin
- From the top right of the screen, perform one of the following actions:
Click> Data Collection, select the TrueSight meter, and select the Sources tab.
- Click > Configure Sources.
- Use the search box or scroll through the page to find the source system which has the TrueSight meter on which you want to install the plugin.
- Click the name of the source to view source details.
- Select the Plugins tab.
- Use the search box or scroll through the page to find the plugin you want to install.
Click + Install to start the installation.
|Source||The source to display in the legend for the host. For example, google|
|Host||The Hostname or IP Address to ping. For example, www.google.com or 126.96.36.199|
|Poll Time (sec)||The Poll Interval to send a ping to the host in seconds. Ex. 5|
|Ping Response Time||The response time from the ping command|