This plugin collects performance stats from an NGINX instance.
Meter version 4.2 or later must be installed.
The NGINX plugin supports the following Operating Systems.
To collect statistics from nginx, it needs to be built with the nginx HttpStubStatusModule.
- If you used a package manager to install Nginx, it should be compiled by default.
- If you built Nginx yourself, you may need to recompile it.
- To check if your nginx has been build with the nginx HttpStubStatusModule run the following command, which will display the modules that are compiled in your version of
$ nginx -V ```
- If the string
--with-http_stub_status_moduleis in the output then the installed
HttpStubStatusModule. If the string is not there, you will need to install a package that includes the module or compile a version that includes it. Information on installing and/or compiling
nginxcan found here: http://nginx.org/en/docs/install.html
Add the nginx configuration file boundary.conf to your
nginxconfiguration directory which is typically
/etc/nginxon Linux/Unix platforms, or
...\nginx\confon Windows platforms. The contents of this file configures a location required for the plugin to obtain measurements from
nginxconfiguration file by adding the directive:
# Meter Plugin Configuration
After you make the configuration, reload your nginx configuration:
$ sudo service nginx reload
Alternatively, on Linux/Unix platforms you can place the
boundary.conf file in
HttpStubStatusModule is Collecting Statistics
Run the following command, which shows the expected output.
$ curl http://localhost:8000/nginx_status Active connections: 1 server accepts handled requests 5 5 5 Reading: 0 Writing: 1 Waiting: 0
To install the plugin
- From the top right of the screen, perform one of the following actions:
Click> Data Collection, select the TrueSight meter, and select the Sources tab.
- Click > Configure Sources.
- Use the search box or scroll through the page to find the source system which has the TrueSight meter on which you want to install the plugin.
- Click the name of the source to view source details.
- Select the Plugins tab.
- Use the search box or scroll through the page to find the plugin you want to install.
Click + Install to start the installation.
|Source||The Source to display in the legend for the nginx data. It will default to the hostname of the server|
|Statistics URL||The URL endpoint of where the nginx statistics are hosted.|
|Strict SSL||Use Strict SSL checking when HTTPS is enabled, enabled by default|
|Username||If the endpoint is password protected, what username should graphdat use when calling it.|
|Password||If the endpoint is password protected, what password should graphdat use when calling it.|
|Nginx Active Connections||Active connections to nginx|
|Nginx Reads||Connections with Nginx reading request headers|
|Nginx Writes||Connections with Nginx reading request body, processing request or writing response to client.|
|Nginx Waiting||Keep-alive connections with Nginx in a wait state|
|Nginx Connections Handled||Connections handled by nginx|
|Nginx Connections Not Handled||Connections accepted, but not handled|
|Nginx Requests||Requests to nginx|
|Nginx Requests per Connection||Requests per handled connections for nginx|