This plugin tracks the fork rate on your server by polling
/proc/stat.On a busy production box you can expect a rate ranging from 1 to 10 per sec, if there is a rate approaching 100/sec then your server is experiencing issues.
Meter version 4.2 or later must be installed.
The Forkrate plugin supports the following Operating System.
- Verify that you are able to get output.
$ cat /proc/stat
- This plugin will not work if there is no output.
To install the plugin
- From the top right of the screen, perform one of the following actions:
Click> Data Collection, select the TrueSight meter, and select the Sources tab.
- Click > Configure Sources.
- Use the search box or scroll through the page to find the source system which has the TrueSight meter on which you want to install the plugin.
- Click the name of the source to view source details.
- Select the Plugins tab.
- Use the search box or scroll through the page to find the plugin you want to install.
Click + Install to start the installation.
|Poll Interval||How often should poll /proc/stat (in milliseconds)|
|Fork Rate / sec||the rate at which processes are growing|