Alarms comprise the conditions that must be met to trigger an alarm and the transport method (action) of the notification.
Before you begin
- You must have at least one data source sending data to an App.
- You must have set at least one metric as a KPI.
- You must have created at least one action.
To create an alarm
Select the Alarms tab and click Create Alarm to provide the following details:
- Alarm Options: Use the toggle button to enable the alarm and specify a unique name for the alarm.
- Select Entity: Select an App, Event type, and KPI (one or more) or Sources for which you want to set the condition.
- App: Select the application that you want to monitor to trigger the alarm.
- Event type: Select the event type which should trigger the alarm. Abnormality and Multivariate abnormality are currently supported.
- KPI OR Source: If you selected Abnormality, select one of more KPIs. If you selected Multivariate abnormality, select one or more sources.
- Set Condition: Select an Alarm Condition from the drop-down list. Select one of the following conditions:
- Abnormality: Select this option to trigger an alarm when an abnormality occurs for the selected entity.
- Abnormality Count within a Specific Time Period: Select this option if you want to trigger an alarm only if a minimum number of abnormalities occur during a specified time period. For instance, if you want to trigger an alarm only if the abnormality count is more than 100 at least for an 1 Hour, set the Duration Threshold as follows: Set Count to 100, set Time to 1, and select Hour from the drop-down list.
- Set Action: Select an Action from the drop-down list.
- (Optional) Enter a note for the alarm.
- Click Save.
To view and manage alarms
Type the name of the alarm and click the search button to search for an alarm.
The following details are displayed for the alarms along with the capability to enable, edit, or delete individual alarms.
|Name||Name of the alarm.|
|App||The application which is being monitored for abnormality conditions.|
|Sources / KPIs||Individual Sources OR KPIs whose condition is used to trigger the alarm for MVGD OR KPI abnormalities.|
|Actions||Actions used by the corresponding alarms.|
Creation date of the alarm.
Click the column title to sort the actions.
|Status||Indicates if the alarm is enabled.|
|Delete / Edit||Clickto delete, or click to edit the alarm.|