Actions determine the way in which TrueSight Intelligence sends notifications to recipients. When creating an action, you can specify email or a collaboration tool as the transport method. You must create at least one action before creating an alarm.
The following topics describe how to create actions for specific types of transport methods:
- Creating an OpsGenie action
- Creating a Slack action
- Creating email actions
- Creating webhook actions
- Creating a Service Ticket action
To create an action
The details required to create an action vary depending on the action type. For example, you will need the OpsGenie API key for sending data, but only valid email addresses for sending email notifications.
- From the top right of the screen, click > Notifications to access the actions and alarms.
- From the Actions tab, click Create Action.
- Type a unique Name for the action.
- Select the action you want to use from the Action Type drop-down list.
Type or select the details required for the selected action type.
Refer to the configuration details and search for configuration details tagged with the Required configuration parameter keyword.
- Click Save.
Where to go from here
Create one or more alarms that use the action. For more information, see Creating Alarms.